Cosmetic Dentistry Services
We specialize in cosmetic dentistry, including porcelain crowns, veneers, teeth whitening
and invisible braces. You can trust us to restore your smile to beautiful form and function.
Nine out of ten Americans think an attractive smile is an important asset; three-fourths of them believe an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success, according to a survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
If you’re not happy with your smile, a beautiful smile can still be yours. Advances in cosmetic dental care have made it possible for the dentist with the right training, qualifications and expertise to completely redesign your smile.
Dr. Dahlkemper has plenty of experience and knowledge in the practice of cosmetic dentistry to transform the appearance of your smile while also improving function and overall dental health. Dr. Dahlkemper provides a variety of cosmetic dental procedures and can help you choose the best individual options available to achieve a stunning smile that feels as great as it looks.
Dr. Dahlkemper and her team are smile design experts. From planning your care to determining which procedures will benefit you most, we have diverse tools and techniques to draw from while designing the perfect smile for you. Our services include porcelain veneers and crowns, porcelain dental bridges, in-office chairside whitening, tooth-colored fillings, Invisalign, Botox, Juvederm, and cosmetic laser procedures, such as Smoothlase .
You don’t have to hide your smile any longer. A straight, bright and beautiful smile is waiting for you. Discover how Dr. Dahlkemper’s advanced cosmetic techniques and treatments can painlessly restore the brilliance of your smile. Make an appointment today to transform your worn, stained or crooked teeth into the beautiful, natural looking smile of which you have always dreamed.
Reasons for teeth straightening:
- Your “bite”. Because malocclusion can cause problems with eating or even speech, teeth straightening may be used to align teeth and improve mouth function.
- Tooth support. Orthodontics reposition the teeth above and below the gum line. A strong root foundation helps create a strong tooth.
- Appearance. The esthetic appeal of a straight smile is one of the primary reasons many teens and adults undergo orthodontic treatment.
- Oral hygiene. Straight, well-aligned teeth provide fewer “nooks & crannies” for cavities to develop and for plaque and tartar to build up. Brushing and flossing is effective and oral hygiene is easier to maintain.
- Invisalign is a new system of straightening teeth without the use of conventional braces. A series of clear plastic aligners are utilized to create tooth movement.
- Moving teeth with removable aligners is not new. However, the computer program, which can generate a series of aligners with small changes, is the new part. Invisalign is recommended for orthodontic situations with mild to moderate spacing or crowding. They are virtually undetectable, easy to use and comfortable to wear.
- While Invisalign can be used with virtually any treatment philosophy, special training is needed. Dr. Dahlkemper has attended and completed specialized instructional sessions to become a trained Invisalign provider in order to identify and treat the ideal orthodontic cases that can be handled with clear aligners.
- Invisalign aligners are practically clear. No one may even notice that you’re wearing them; making Invisalign a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day-to-day interactions with others.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment by simply removing the aligners. And you can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would to maintain fresh breath and good oral hygiene.
- Unlike braces, there are no metal brackets or wires with the Invisalign system that could cause irritation to your mouth. The treatment may require building small temporary acrylic attachments on the sides of some teeth to allow for better tooth movement. Plus, since your office visits during treatment don’t involve metal or wire adjustments, you’ll likely spend less time in Dr. Dahlkemper’s chair!
- And, finally, Invisalign allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start treatment, so you can see how your straight teeth will look after your treatment is complete. Modifications in the results can be made even before treatment begins.
Veneers offer a much more conservative alternative to crowns (caps), with minimal preparation, that can give you the smile you have always dreamed of and deserve.
Porcelain veneers are top line in cosmetic dentistry. If your teeth are chipped, broken, or discolored, porcelain veneers are a great way to change the color and shape of your teeth. Veneers can be a great alternative to braces for slight orthodontic problems and provide a beautiful smile in a short amount of time. The results are simply gorgeous!
Other factors include cigarettes, dark foods and beverages (including coffee, soda, tea, and red wine), age, medications (such as tetracycline), and tooth trauma.
How does tooth whitening work?
The active ingredient in most tooth whiteners is some form of peroxide. Oxygen molecules from the peroxide penetrate the tooth and break down discolored molecules. Because, the oxygen molecules spread throughout the entire tooth, it is not necessary for the whitening gel to touch every part of the tooth for the entire tooth to be whitened.
Will whitening cause sensitivity?
Some people experience sensitivity while whitening, but many do not. Sensitivity does not mean damage has been caused to your teeth. It is temporary and typically disappears within a few days of treatment.
Opalescence Boost also contains unique ingredients designed to decrease sensitivity and make your whitening experience as comfortable as possible. Your dental team can provide you with additional desensitizing treatments if you experience lingering discomfort.
Will bleaching weaken my teeth?
No! Bleaching will not weaken your teeth. In fact, Opalescence Boost contains a patented concentration of potassium nitrate and fluoride designed to strengthen enamel and prevent cavities. Bleaching will not weaken existing fillings or cements either.
How long do whitening results last?
Bleaching results typically last several years. If your teeth start to discolor again over time, you can simply repeat a whitening treatment.
Who can whiten?
Almost anyone can successfully whiten their teeth. Opalescence Boost is effective at treating discoloration caused by age, food and drink, cigarettes, or even medication or tooth trauma. We also see patients of all ages whiten – from teenagers to 80- or 90-years-old.
Opalescence Boost is a professional whitening treatment performed in the dental office. Powerful and award-winning, Opalescence Boost has proven effective at creating beautiful, long-lasting results after just one quick visit to your dentist.
How does Opalescence Boost work?
Opalescence Boost is a powerful bleaching gel that can quickly whiten your smile. Before applying it to your teeth, your dental team will place a protective barrier on your gums. Then she will place a thin layer of Opalescence Boost on the surface of your teeth for twenty minutes. The bleach will then be removed an reapplied for a final twenty minutes.
How long does it take to whiten my smile with Opalescence Boost?
Opalescence Boost is so powerful and effective it can usually whiten your smile in about 40 minutes. Yes, it’s that fast!
How is Opalescence Boost different from other in-office whitening treatments?
Some in-office whitening procedures rely on lights or lasers to “activate” the chemical bleaching agent. However, Opalescence Boost has always relied solely on chemical activation. Recent studies have confirmed that bleaching agent is effective without any lights or lasers.
Smoothlase™ is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure that uses fractionalized laser and the body’s own natural healing process to lift, tone, and tighten loose skin around the mouth, chin and lips.
Smoothlase uses the safe, time-tested energy of laser to stimulate the deep structural support layers of the skin—including those typically addressed in a surgical facelift—without disturbing the surface of the skin, all done from inside the mouth. The effect of focused laser energy on the growth of new collagen over time.
NightLase® therapy is a non-invasive, patient-friendly laser treatment for increasing the quality of a patient’s sleep. NightLase reduces the effects of sleep apnea and decreases the amplitude of snoring by means of a gentle, laser-induced tightening effect caused by the contraction of collagen in the oral mucosa tissue.
Facial Hair Removal and Reduction
Laser systems provide safe and effective hair reduction – using an innovative system that effectively targets hair follicles with a combination of selective and homogenous photothermolysis.
Laser uses a carefully focused, high-intensity beam of light to remove the top layer of the skin surface. Minor wrinkling that normally occurs with aging and sun damage can be safely eliminated, revealing the fresher tissue below. Laser resurfacing may also be combined with other types of facial treatment, such as Botox or dermal fillers, to provide the ideal results. Laser resurfacing is helpful in treating:
- Aging – Laser treatment can remove the common wrinkles that occur from years of exposure to the elements and use of cosmetics.
- Muscle contraction – Laser resurfacing can also reduce the effect of constant contraction of facial muscles.
- Sun exposure – Years of enjoying the outdoors can cause severe damage to the surface layers of the skin that can be improved with laser resurfacing.
- Smoking – Years of smoking causes contraction of the same muscles repeatedly that cause wrinkles, and also affects the ability to produce new collagen that keeps skin looking fresh and young.
- Acne scars – Laser resurfacing can help to reduce the appearance of deep acne scarring.
- General skin tone – Laser treatment can remove gray or yellow tones in the skin.
Botox and Dermal Fillers
We have extended our services to other areas of the face as well, allowing your youthful appearance to go beyond your smile, and help restore the confidence and appeal that aging may take from you. Dentists, with the extensive head and neck training have the ability to administer injections in an unusually safe and comfortable manner. Dr. Dahlkemper has completed additional training for the specialized use of Botox and Dermal Fillers. She is a member of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. As a dentist, Dr. Dahlkemper is very well-trained in the musculature and anatomy of the face and with that comprehensive experience no other doctor can give an injection better than a qualified and experienced dentist.
BOTOX Cosmetic is administered via a few tiny injections directly into the muscles responsible for frown lines between the brows. By blocking the release of a chemical that causes these muscles to contract, BOTOX’ Cosmetic enables them to relax. The effects are very localized, and when administered by an experienced Doctor, do not affect your ability to smile, laugh, or otherwise show expression. BOTOX Cosmetic is the only product of its kind that has been approved for use in this area.
Dermal Fillers, such as Juvederm®, are used to restore volume to the area around the mouth. Dermal Fillers give lips fullness, erase the downward frown lines at the corners of the mouth, as well as wrinkles/creases in cheek areas. In addition to restoring a more youthful appearance to your smile, dermal fillers are useful in treating high lip lines and uneven lips.
Botox for TMD?
TMD or Temporomandibular Joint Disorder is an inflammation of the temporomandibular joint which could be acute or chronic in nature. (TMJ or temporomandibular joint connects the skull to the lower jaw). The disorder results in significant pain and impairment for many patients.
Frequent symptoms of Bruxism and TMD are headaches, earaches, facial pain, chipped teeth and chewed inner surface of the cheek on the inside of the mouth. Chronic grinding or clenching will often cause hypertrophy (enlargement) of masseter muscle – the main muscle that is used for chewing. This muscle is located at the angle of the jaw. Grinding or clenching builds this muscle and makes it stronger, like lifting weights build muscles for body builders. The stronger the chewing muscle gets the more damage grinding or clenching causes to the teeth and TMJ. Headaches, earaches and facial pain also tend to get worse with time.
What are the Benefits of BOTOX® Treatment for Jaw Tension?
Reduction of teeth grinding and subsequently destruction of tooth enema which is caused by excessive grinding.
Reduction of TMJ pain and associated with it headaches and earaches.
Reduction of a muscle spasm in masseter (chewing) muscle
Reduction of enlarged masseter muscle (creating more aesthetically pleasing look).
1203 Two Island Ct #101
Mt Pleasant, SC 29466
Call or Text