Full Mouth Dental Rehabilitation
Full-mouth rehabilitation is a complete restoration of every tooth in the mouth. It is typically performed on people with severely worn teeth or TMJ problems.
Full-mouth reconstruction used to mean a long protracted, disjointed series of procedures with a difficult-to-see endpoint that possibly could include extracting all the teeth and making dentures.
Age, illness, or accidents can sometimes lead to extreme tooth loss. When a patient experiences the loss of several teeth, our dentists may recommend a full-mouth rehabilitation to correct the problem. Previously, dentures were the solution to address several lost teeth; however modern technology and dental advancements offer the option of a full mouth rehab using dental implants.
Implants offer many advantages over dentures. Following is a comparative list of the disadvantages of dentures versus the advantages of a full-mouth rehab procedure with dental implants.
Disadvantages of Dentures
- Compromise integrity of facial structures
- Accelerate visible aging due to unattractive changes in facial appearance
- Cause pain, sore spots, and denture breath
- Require relining as bone melts away
- Require adhesives
- Cause an inability to eat certain foods
- Contribute to embarrassment in social situations when denture moves or falls out
Long-term Benefits of Implant-Supported Tooth Replacement
- Virtually stops bone loss/deterioration
- Maintains integrity of facial structure
- Improves facial appearance, restoring lost lip support and minimizing wrinkles
- Increases comfort
- Restores natural biting and chewing capacity
Do you want to eliminate those old dentures and replace them with natural-looking and easy-to-maintain dental implants? Call our office today and schedule an appointment to discuss whether or not you are a candidate for a full-mouth rehab.
With full mouth rehabilitation, you do not have to settle for the natural course of aging your mouth has taken. You can eat without getting pangs of discomfort from hot or cold food, you can start your day without soreness in your jaw, and you can complete tasks without having to fight recurring headaches.
Dental treatment is an excellent investment in an individual’s medical and psychological well-being. Financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining this important health service. Being sensitive to the fact that different people have different needs in fulfilling their financial obligations, we are providing the following payment options.
1203 Two Island Ct #101
Mt Pleasant, SC 29466